A clean pool should be among the biggest priorities for any pool owner.
A clean pool helps to:
- Keep all of your pool users safe from dangerous bacteria
- Extend the life of your pool & reduce costly future repairs
- Reduce your pool insurance premiums
- Ensure everyone can enjoy your pool without worry
Wondering what you need to do to maintain your home pool cleaning?
There’s a whole host of products & endless checks you could make to keep your pool clean & safe. Above anything else however you should follow these simple measures:
Pool Cleaning Essentials:
Clean your pool with chemicals
The biggest thing on your to-do list should be to maintain your pool’s chemical levels. Keeping your P.H. levels between 7.2 & 7.8 will prevent a lot of common pool problems including corrosion, algae & harmful bacteria.
Regularly vacuum your pool
Outdoor home pools are very prone to collecting lots of types of dirt, dust & leaves. If your pool is close to tree’s this will ring a lot truer with you.
To clean your pool from dirt, dust & foreign objects you need to use a specially designed vacuum just for pools. These can be purchased yourself or you may wish to speak to Aqua Pool & Spa to schedule a pool clean out. We house professional grad high-powered vacuum cleaners that do the job, fast!
Keep your tiles clean
Use a specially formulated tile cleaner to scrub off dirt build up from your pools inner tiles. Use a sponge on a pole or a soft bristle-brush to make the job easier.
You should clean your tiles more frequently in the summer months & when your pool becomes used more.
Check & maintain your pool filter
An inefficient pool filter or one that suddenly stops working can cause a lot of pain & expense in cleaning your pool. Keeping your filter in working condition:
- Skim your pool for leaves, twigs & foliage regularly (Your filter is only designed to filter small debris & dirt particles!)
- Check for clogs – Check your filters pressure gauge daily, if is unusually high your filter may be clogged and should be checked for obstruction as soon as possible.
- Regularly clean your filter