Looking for ways to save money and reduce your pool heating costs? There’s lots that any pool owner can do to cut costs maintain a healthy, heated pool all season long. Follow these simple tips for an efficient, eco-friendly home pool:
- Use a solar cover – This is one of the most effective & low cost solutions to maintaining your pool’s heat & utilizing free heat energy from the sun. (A pool cover can save as much as 50%-70% in heating costs!)
- Take advantage of off-peak energy prices – Run your pool’s filter during the night time to take advantage of lower off-peak energy prices.
- Block wind around your pool – Use fences, hedges & other wind breaks to prevent winds from cooling your pool
- Only use the pool on weekends? – Reduce your pool thermostat by 8-10º midweek to cut energy costs
- Install solar heating panels – Notably cheaper than gas-heaters and other solutions in the long-run, they are eco-friendly
- Avoid turning the dial right up – It doesn’t make the pool heat any faster and you might easily forget, leaving your pool heater on full whack for days..
- Turn the heat down when not in use – Remember to turn down the dial by 2 to 4 degrees when the pool is not in use for a couple of days (ideally every 2-3 days)
- Reduce pump speed – You can further save energy by slowing down your pumps operating speed
- Buy a timer for your heater – Running your pool pump & heater in short bursts throughout the day will save energy & still maintain heat without continuously running them all day..
- Keep your pool clean & maintained – Debris clogging drains can cause your pool filter to work harder & consume more energy.
Contact Aqua Pool & Spa to schedule your pool maintenance service.. (203)340-6874